27 July 2015




A Before and After Story: Under the bathroom sink



Ok, I cannot be the only one who's under sink cabinets look like this. I'm not? Whew, that is a relief! As I mentioned in my last post, I realize that certain spots in our apartment are going to be little catch alls for miscellaneous items which do not really have a home. I am also aware that this particular home, ( meaning the under the sink storage) needs a lot of work! 

There were are so many things hiding in here, it's almost comical! Air fresheners here, bathroom cleaners there, bath salts, and so on. I mean, these items all technically do belong in the bathroom, somewhere, but can't they be out of the way and put elsewhere when not in use? Yes! Yes they can! So, let's get started, shall we?



So, the space really isn't being utilized very well at all in the before picture. Things kind of got out of control and we started just throwing things in there without reason or rhyme. 







As usual, when starting on an organizing project, I took everything out of the cabinet, wiped down the surface and went to categorizing things.

Things that clearly belonged in the bathroom like shampoo, lotions bath toys all were put into the stay in the bathroom pile. Everything else, was put into their respective places around the apartment. 

Again, making the trip to the Dollar Tree for the linen closet, I picked up three baskets. One for my husband, one for my son and one for myself. That way, when I needed to get something to get ready for the day, I could just bring the basket out, grab what I needed and put the basket back under the sink! 





So, there you have it! I think its a more simple way to organize everything we needed under the sink. Hopefully you get inspired to do something similar too! 





Do you have a specific system you use for under the bathroom sink? 
How has it been working out for you?






No comments:

Post a Comment